Absent: Norma Bell
Kirsten Christianson presented a proposal she is working on with Stephanie St. John to do a community based project using the “Clay on Steele” studio. The project is a clay slab mural that depicts a “Celebration of Life” in Kewaunee Co. At this point they are working on writing a grant proposal to “
Meeting of Board of directors was called to order at by LeAnna Franklin, Meeting Chairman
The board discussed Kirsten’s proposal. We will read over the grant application form and discuss how ArtBeet can assist at the September board meeting.
1) Reading of Minutes of the July 2 meeting by Pat Bopray. .
A motion was made by Michelle to accept the minutes with 2nd by Susan. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
2) Treasurer's Report: Michelle reported a balance of $1363.91.
A motion was made by Pat to accept the Treasurer's Report with 2nd by LeAnna. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
3) Old Business:
We reviewed what was discussed at the July “Borscht Night”. It is a developing group and they need to be encouraged to direct the discussion and keep on subject and be more independent as a separate entity from the board and board members.
Michelle offered to show the giclee process at a future meeting.
Susan will contact Amanda Davie about the Aug. 13 Borscht Night at Barnsite
Susan reported that Tim Nyberg is willing to do a Marketing Seminar. We will check with the membership at the Aug 13 Borscht Night to find out their needs and when to schedule it.
Pat will contact Jodi Brey about presenting a “Grant Writing” seminar
4) New Business
1. Michelle will apply for a tax exempt # for Art Beet.
2. We need a “Membership Committee”. Volunteers will be sought at Borscht Night. The committee needs to develop and track the membership. Create a contact point (phone number/e-mail) to link board and membership and possibly create business cards for Art Beet.
3. Michelle will check on the coach cost for a trip to the Edward Hopper show at the Art Institute in
Motion to adjourn was made by Susan at , 2nd by Michelle. Motion carried.
Minutes Submitted by: Pat Bopray, Secretary